a Taylored Approach
Well hello there, the Tay Approach, I've missed you. Maddie (my very sassy and might I add pretty machine) has rebooted and is finally ready to get back into the writing game. To be honest, this was a post title I came up with in January and now here we are in August. I wonder (yes ala Carrie Bradshaw), why did I abandon an outlet that made so happy? Sadly, the only word that comes to mind is burnout. Looking back at the last 10 months, yes.... 10 months (!!!), it makes me sad that this curated place has gone that long without attention.
So I figured an appropriate catch up would be a collage of my favorite snaps from the last 300 days. Take the journey across each of the thumbnails as I tell the stories of #1-20.
1. I visited my bestie in Palm Springs for a much needed getaway. I was greeted by the most delightful view of pink, ever. Flamingos. Following the sea of pink, I made it to the top of the Bump & Grind hike. I complained the entire way.
2. Then we shopped in the cutest pink building where I captured the light just right.
3. I surrounded myself with fun prints at Lolo for dinner with my work wife where we cheers-ed to another fabulous year of working together. Year #6 in the books but heck, who's counting? We later decided to splurge on designer friendship bracelets which is still by far the best accessory decision I have ever made.
4. I bought a disco ball for my apartment to remind me to always sparkle. (Thank you Amazon). It's become one of my favorite accessories and currently resides in my kitchen. Knick-knacks are still alive and well in the cozy Chestnut abode.
5. I discovered the most unexpected coffee shop in San Rafael on morning errands probably to find a cactus for my house. There were so many photo ops but this fuzzy little nook was my fave.
6. By Memorial Day weekend, I was ready for a vacation so ventured back down to Scottsdale for 4 nights away. I brought a book I read 5 pages of, caught up with girlfriends and was determined to be tan to show something for my trip. Luckily I've held onto that bronze-y color for a few months and even accented it with a little blonde.
7 + 8: I took myself out for a drink date alone (second time ever) and was greeted by the most adorable pink wallpaper. Anyone who is going to Scottsdale and needs to surround themselves in the cutest scene, go to The Canal Club. I'll meet you there. I wore my favorite leopard cami, ripped skinnies, took my vintage LV gal out on the town and was in bed with Dateline by 8pm of course.
9. The last 2 nights of the Scottsdale trip was a splurge checking myself in to the Andaz. I upgraded to a King Casita and it was hands down the best money I've ever spent. As Sunday night approached, I got teary eyed looking at the sunset because the vacation was everything I wanted to be, a little hiding place.
10. The following month I visited my Nordstrom bestie in Long Beach. She took me to Lido Marina Village where we brunched with froze and I had to document this pink chair sighting.
11. The most special part of our weekend was brunch at The Cabana Cafe in the Bev Hills hotel. We cocktailed and snacked in a striped booth and it was bliss. I loved the look of the gold bell carts and pink wall. Figures.
12. I recently reconnected with a preschool friend and we sipped martinis in palm print heaven. Leo's, you never disappoint. Well, actually all you need are blue cheese stuffed olives and you are perfection.
13. I discovered Tamber Bay Vineyards over 4th of July weekend where I met Margot. Besides the 3 bottles of wine I stuffed in my bag, this kitten was the highlight of that day.
14. After soaking in Calistoga, we ventured to RH Yountville where I had the best burger of my life. The side of chandeliers were not a bad view so I need an excuse to go back.
15. For my monthly Marina night out, we stopped by Westwood where I lasted all of 30 minutes. Luckily by cocktail #4, I let someone take a photo of me. I fit so perfectly in the decor, I had to.
16. I rearranged my apartment for probably the 5th time in 6 years but I think the new layout is finally sticking. The coyote fur will always be draped desk side. It's too chic not to be.
17-20: Photos of my favorite things from a brand I've been obsessing over for the past year and a half and one that noticed my blog insta, Sunday Forever. My place is curated with their crystals, my wrist stacked with their red strings and charms for good luck and my apartment now smells of coconut when it needs a refresh. The founder is someone I'd be friends with in real life so when Ashli reached out asking for me to be part of an Ambassador test program; I was ALL in. Her motto; green juice in one hand, a martini in the other, how could I not be sold? More to come on this partnership but I so connected with her career journey. If you find yourself wanting to live your life everyday in their kimono robe, email me.
So there you have it. 300 days summarized in 20 photos but there's been a lot in between. New shows I started streaming when I needed a mental break, special girlfriends I am so lucky to have in my life and a career that keeps me striving for more, striving to be better and striving to reach for what's next.
Until next time which I hope is not in 2020, thank you for catching up with TC.