a Taylored Approach
Love Day & Rose
Cue the Rom-Coms and Rose but first a few thoughts from a Marina girl and her palm print couch...
As Carrie Bradshaw said, "The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous." Sometimes, we all need feel good reminders.
I am one who hangs onto old cards so decided to bring a few out last night. From adorable notes a Bellarmine boy left at my high school locker to well wishes from my store team as I made the leap to SF living; it was really good for the soul. There will always be one letter I will hold the closest. My dad wrote me quite the novel when I went away to college. What's ironic is 15 years later the dating portion is still 100% applicable. So you could say this post is brought to you by a guy whose recent pastime is blogging about the SCU Broncos.
For those of you who've had the privilege to hear me recite portions, it's pure genius. Like every smart and practical man, it includes a list of winners & losers. Let's just say, Freddie couldn't be more right on even as the naive girl who was heading to college is now sitting here realizing it's all true in her early 30's. By no means is this a checklist but a reminder if you are true to yourself, set your sights high and are fearless... whether it's in work, love, conquering a challenge... all of the pieces will come together when the timing is right.
Still looking to be shot by Cupid's arrow? Avoid a few of my favorites in the Loser bucket below. We all know them. You're welcome.
1) If you always have to accommodate their schedule, you'll never be very important to them.
2) Guys that can't carry on a normal conversation can't carry on a relationship either.
3) If the guy you're seeing is always saying he's sorry, then it's a sorry relationship. Dump him.
4) A guy who always has to be right about everything, will never be right for you.
5) The quiet, weird looking guy at a party is exactly what he looks like, quiet & weird.
Comments are closed.