a Taylored Approach
I have been deep in thought lately about life, my career (shocking) and where I am in my personal journey of self love. As I sit in my baby millennial pink chair, sipping on a mini can of babe rose, I am feeling thankful. And even though I am still hard on TC (thanks to the Virgo in me), I have tried to let things go that would have plagued me a decade ago. Easier said that done as it used to take my mind days to let something go, I call it a win when it's just a few hours but hey, improvement nonetheless. Whether it was a mistake at work, a DIY project that didn't turn out exactly the way I had pictured or not taking advantage of a moment for the small spontaneous bone in me to be revealed, there are a few things I would like to tell my twenty something self, who thought moments in life would just fall into her lap or was too timid to make a move. My dad shared a list of guy winners and losers 15 years ago (post here) and I thought I would give that tan and blondie AZ babe of the past a few pieces of advice on being a winner in boss lady life, from the office of TC which has had a bit of a makeover.
1. Surround yourself with people who you make you fearless.
2. Trust your instinct. Leave doubt at the front door.
3. Take a moment to acknowledge what you have achieved.
4. Trust the timing of your life. Remember, a wise man taught you, Happenstance. Get a dictionary.
5. Never let go of the friends who've seen you at your best and worst. As you get older, you'll have good radar when bringing new ones into your circle.
6. It's ok to want to have a moment or night alone. A day in your pajamas to watch fashionable movies or Harry Met Sally on repeat is totally acceptable. The only requirement, a glass of bubbly and maybe some green eggs.
7. Never lose that sparkle of letting your inner old lady shine. In a funny way, it'll keep your spirit youthful and bring out your less serious side.
8. Stop worrying. The 30 minutes you spend spinning on something is 30 minutes way too long.
9. When you can't find the words, actions speak volumes. Your eyes say a lot more than you think.
10. The guy who can't embrace your gold birds, love of fur and palm print isn't the one for you.
And alas, tonight's blog title, a song I have come to love the lyrics so I'll leave you with a few... You know some days you feel so good in your own skin 'cause you look greatest when you feel like a damn queen. We're all just trying to win at life. Most girls are smart and strong and beautiful. Most girls, work hard, go far, we are unstoppable. Most girls, our fight to make every day. No two are the same. I wanna be like, I wanna be like, most girls...
To those girls and even those guys that shape who you are and where you are in your life. Trust the timing, live in the moment and have that extra martini, of course, with blue cheese olives.
Comments are closed.